- 4 heaping teaspoons Rooibos (we suggest Au Caramel, Choco-Caramel Safari, or straight Rooibos)
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil.
- Steep tea in 1/4 cup boiling water for 7 minutes. Discard leaves; let cool and chill.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the cooled tea and the eggs and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to sugar mixture and stir until incorporated. Use a spatula or spoon to stir in the oats and chips.
- Drop heaping spoons of dough onto the baking sheets. Press down slightly. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until slightly browned.
~From Alice’s Tea Cup, Haley Fox & Lauren Fox